Sunday, January 18, 2009

The ASHAO Banquet was a Grand Event!!



The ASHAO banquet was a lot of fun and very well attended. Good food, great company. There had to have been between 175-200 people there. The photos from left to right are of my friends...Mike & Dawn, Gail and Gary, Linda and Me, Me and my Son Bryan. My son Bryan who is Chief Meteorologist of WOAY TV 4 in Beckley, WV took time out of his busy schedule to come home to attend the banquet with me.

Our table was lucky in the chinese auction and the 50/50 raffle, Anne from SBR sat with us too and won the 50/50 raffle and promised to donate half to SBR. She got a big round of applause for that!!



The next two are of me accepting my awards, which my son took.



Gail received ribbons in Adult Equitation and Trail Riding (first photo) I received ribbons in Hunt, Western, ECP Jr. Ex. with Jasmine Reyes and ECP AOTR.

The Champion and Reserve Champion awards were glass vases with horse shoes and ribbons on them. The horse shoes have 2008 etched on them, and the ribbons have ASHAO etched on them. The Champion vases have blue ribbons and gold horse shoes, and the Reserve Champion vases have red ribbons and silver horse shoes on them. Very nice and well thought out. I heard nothing but compliments about the banquet this year.

Lonnie Lavery (Don't mean to name drop...but what the heck!) Said: "Congratulations Lynn!" as I was walking up to recieve my awards. I really mentioned it, because it meant a lot to me and I thought it was very nice of him. He was sitting at the table next to us. Thanks, Lonnie!!

Flowers were given to Leslie the ASHAO President, for all her hard work thoughout the year and she got a well deserved standing ovation! All the members of the board did a great job on the banquet, it was clearly a group effort and great end to a great 2008 show season!

No comments:

Post a Comment