Thursday, January 8, 2009

There's a Winter Storm Coming


Well, we are under a winter storm watch here in the Cleveland area, 6-8 inches of snow are expected by Saturday Morning. It makes it tough for me to get to Santana, (barn name) when it snows. We miss each other something awful.

We are planning to go to a winter open show on January 18th. (weather permitting) I take Santana to opens shows as part of our promotional agenda. We participate in these shows in the winter time, because we go to so many ASB shows in the summer. As you all know promoting the Saddlebred is important to me, so this is one small way to continue my self imposed mission.

I am a member of the Ohio American Saddlebred Pleasure Horse Association (OASPHA) and they offer a Pleasure Horse Promotional Award as a "special" year end award. They have offered this award for as long as I have been a member and we have be the Promotional Award Champions for the past 5 years. I have been blessed with a Saddlebred that is condusive to this type of award. Her mellow disposition and the fact that we ride primarily hunt and western, it fits right in with the QH's. When I take her to open shows we are generally the only Saddlebred showing. Many people come to me and ask what breed she is and of course, I never shut up after that! LOL!

I believe this is a very important way to show people who are not familiar with the Saddlebred, that they can be very nice pleasure mounts and do well in an open show environment. I am taking a new friend from the barn with me. She has a new QH that she wants to put in front a judge for the first time. We are looking forward to a day together, so lets pray there is NO snow!

I also have 3 year end award banquets coming up in January! The 17th, the 24th and the 31st. So you can see my January is very busy with horsie things to do. Who says we rest in the winter? NOT!! The Girl Scout promotional event, the open horse show and 3 2008 year end banquets. I'm tired just thinking about it. Ahh who am I kidding? I love every minute of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment